- Be already admitted in a university or school in France and bear an official admission letter.
This Embassy ---does not--- issue student visas for Austria or Portugal.
- Valid passport;
- Two duly filled up copies of the application form;
- Two passport size photographs;
- Booking ---not purchase--- of a flight ticket;
- Visa application fee of 8,534 BDT - may be paid in cash.
Visa application fee is waived for recipients of French government, European Union, or foreign government scholarships.
- Certificate of health insurance for the full duration of your stay (provided either by the school / university in France or by a private Bangladeshi company accepted by this Embassy).
Students who are under 28 on 1 October and enrolled in a recognized educational institution for a program of at least 3 months are automatically enrolled in the student social security scheme.
- Birth certificate;
- Resume / Curriculum vitae;
- Diplomas and transcripts (all educational certificates, including for ongoing / unfinished degrees);
- Admission / enrollment letter from a school / university in France;
- Proof of attribution of a scholarship, if any;
- Bank account of the person who will pay the tuition fees and the living expenses in France (either yourself, your parents, or another guarantor);
- Housing certificate;
- If you choose to reside with a relative, attestation of residence issued by the town council in France;
- Birth certificate proving the filiation with the sponsor, if any.
- Proof of payment of the tuition fees (if partial or full payment has already been made);
- French and/or English language certificates (Alliance française certificates, IELTS, TOEFL…);
- Training certificates, if relevant;
- Employment certificates, if relevant.
You should provide the original ---and--- a copy of each document.
All documents should be translated into English / French.
The application fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
1. Prepare this complete file
2. Contact by email the Cultural attachée of the Embassy, for an appointment ;
3. Bring your complete file on the day of your appointment;
4. You will be given a second compulsory appointment at the visa section;
5. After careful examination of your file, the visa section will decide whether to issue your visa, and call you so that you collect your passport and original documents back.
The student visa application procedure may take ---up to three weeks---.
Apply as early as possible.
These centres offer French language courses and cultural activities (screening of French movies, exhibitions, concerts…) which will help you make the most of your stay in France.