Required documents for Schengen visas (short stay) for France, Austria, Portugal and Czech Republic (official and diplomatic passports)
As from 02 November 2015, fingerprints have to be taken for ordinary, official and diplomatic passeport holders.
The waiting period for a visa will be at least of 1 week, there is no possible exception. The Embassy of France in Bangladesh is closed on Fridays, Saturdays and some national holidays. Please check here.
- No appointement required for holders of diplomatic and official passports.
- The applications have to be brought in the morning from 8:30 to 11:30.
- Please be advised that visa applications by mail are not accepted.
- Original passport or travel document (+ 1 copy of the identity pages). Your passport must have been issued less than 10 years ago, be valid for at least three months after your return to Bangladesh and have at least 2 blank visas pages left.
- One application form filled out completely and signed by the applicant
- Two ID pictures. One must be glued/stapled onto the application form (white background, full face, no glasses nor hat, closed mouth)
- A diplomatic note (Note Verbale) from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Bangladesh for the Bangladeshi citizens or from their respective embassies for the non-Bangladeshi citizens, stating the dates and the place of the trip and describing the mission.
In the case of an unofficial trip (tourism, visit to relatives), additionnal documents may be required.