General rules for Schengen visa applicants
1. THE EMBASSY OF FRANCE ISSUE BIOMETRIC VISAS. AS THE FINGERPRINTS MUST BE COLLECTED, EACH APPLICANT SHOULD APPLY IN PERSON. TRAVEL AGENTS OR OTHER AGENTS OR OTHER INDIVIDUALS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO REPRESENT THE APPLICANT.
2. You have to apply to the Embassy of your main destination (meaning the one where you will stay the longest). If the main destination cannot be determined, you have to apply to the Embassy of the country of first entry. Therefore, the Embassy of France can only deliver Schengen visa if your main destination is France, Austria, Portugal and Czech Republic.
3. It is recommended to apply between three (3) weeks and three (3) months PRIOR to the entry in the Schengen area.
4. The waiting period for a visa will be at least of 1 week, there is no possible exception. The Embassy of France in Bangladesh is closed on Fridays, Saturdays and some national holidays. Please check here.
5. A visa application (including payment of fees) does not give the right to actually obtain a visa.
6. The purpose and the dates of a proposed visit cannot be altered once the visa has been issued.
7. ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE PRESENTED IN THE ORIGINAL FORM AND WITH A PHOTOCOPY.
8. ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE TRANSLATED IN FRENCH OR IN ENGLISH.
9. A Schengen visa enables a foreigner to enter and travel freely throughout the Schengen area, for maximum stay of 90 days in one or more of the Schengen Member States within a period of 180 days from the date of first entry. Please note that the Schengen visa holders are not allowed :
to live permanently or work in Europe
to spend more than 90 consecutive days within a period of 180 days (for instance, if he is allowed to spend 90 days between the 1st January and the 30th June and another period of 90 days between the 1st July and the 31st December, and if the first day of his stay is the 1st April, he will have to leave the Shengen area before the 1st July, because he cannot use another 90 days consecutively to the previous stay : so he will not be allowed to enter again the Schengen area before the 29 September).
10. The Schengen Member States are Austria – Belgium – Czech Republic – Denmark – Estonia – Finland – France – Germany – Greece – Hungary – Iceland – Italy - Latvia – Lithuania – Luxembourg – Malta – Netherlands – Norway – Poland – Portugal – Slovakia – Slovenia – Spain – Sweden – Switzerland
11. The Embassy of France also issues Schengen visas for Austria, Portugal and Czech Republic. For more information, please contact the Embassy (email@example.com).
12. The French Embassy in Bangladesh does not issue long stay visas for other Schengen countries.