Call for application to the International URTI Grand Prix For Author’s Documentary 2012
The International Radio and Television Union has been organising since 1981, under the name INTERNATIONAL URTI GRAND PRIX FOR AUTHOR’S DOCUMENTARY, an annual competition destined to reward – in the exclusive field of the author’s documentary – the television productions corresponding the better to the goals pursued by URTI.
The object of this Grand Prix is to:
• Promote the genre of the author’s documentary, including the fiction documentary,
• Single out the originality of the subject and its treatment which has to reflect an approach, a work and an author’s point of view, when it is a documentary selected by URTI in the framework of its Grand Prix,
• Favour the expression of humanistic values of tolerance and respect between men, of peace, friendship and understanding between peoples,
• Reject all sorts of propaganda in any form,
• Ensure a widened international broadcast of the programmes having gained the statute of finalist, and notably of the prize-awarded works.
The participation in the 31st URTI Grand Prix is open to all the public and private television organisations (at the rate of two programmes per channel at the most) as well as to the associations and institutions which devote themselves to the audiovisual (at the rate of two programmes by organisation at the most).
The producers or directors of documentaries who wish to compete for the URTI Grand Prix will have to submit their programmes to the preliminary selection of the organisations entitled to participate.
Find below the rules of the 21st International URTI Grand Prix For Author’s Documentary and the application form: