Call for Applications: 2015 International Residences at Récollets
The City of Paris and the Institut français, France’s international agency for foreign cultural action affiliated to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development, offer an artist-in-residence program dedicated to established foreign artists and writers at the “Centre International d’accueil et d’échanges des Récollets”, a venue for artists and researchers from around the world.
The mission of the artist-in-residence program is to host established foreign artists and writers, for a period of three months, who have a specific project to develop in Paris. Each project, for all disciplines (visual and performing arts, literature) should be carried out in partnership with a specified local structure (cultural site or resource center, gallery, company), or artist, or indeed a well-known personality in the arts and culture in Paris or surroundings. Overall, the research project should be developed in Paris, in harmony with the host town and its cultural environment. This residency is an opportunity of quiet reflection and creation for the artist, and will contribute to the visibility of international arts scene in Paris.
- Foreigners currently living and working abroad;
- Able to justify their substantial professional experience;
- Speaking French or English;
- Able to free themselves from other professional activities during the period of the residency;
- Not holding any other grants during the period of the residency.
The selection will be made by a consultative committee composed of professionals from the relevant disciplines. Particular attention will be paid to the artistic quality of the project submitted, to the necessity of a stay in Paris for the completion of the project, and to the manner in which it will be carried out. An artist who has already benefited from a residency with the Récollets program can reapply with a new project only after three years.
Three consecutive months without interruption. The residencies will take place from January to December 2015.
- A monthly grant of 1,500 € is allocated by the Institut français. This is intended to cover living expenses such as food, local transportation, materials, etc.
- The City of Paris takes charge of the rental accommodation at the Couvent des Récollets for the duration of the residency.
- The residences comprise a single room and are not appropriate for families. Pets are forbidden. The units are also not suitable for operation containing messy materials.
- Before arriving in France, the laureate must be covered for health, hospitalization and repatriation costs and must have a personal liability insurance. Travel expenses to and from France, are to be paid by the artist.
Complete the online application by 17 June 2014.
The commission meeting will take place in the Fall of 2014.
Results will be notified online.